King Arthur Flour is looking for your best and most delicious Pound Cake for Adults and Drop Cookies for Youth. Be sure and make them from scratch – no cake mixes or prepared frostings allowed. Creativity is strongly encouraged so get baking with King Arthur Flour and you could be the blue ribbon winner!
ENTRY DEADLINE: Saturday, OCTOBER 15, 2016
1st place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
2nd place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: King Arthur Flour Baker’s Companion Cookbook
Junior/ Youth Category (age 18 or under as of October 19, 2015)
1st place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
2nd place: $25 gift certificate to the Bakerʼs Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion Cookbook
1. All Pound Cakes or Drop Cookies must use King Arthur Flour and be made from scratch. No cake mixes or prepared frostings.
2. Judging will be based on: Taste (50%), Creativity (25%), and Texture (25%).
3. Entrant must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when he/she brings the prepared entry to the
Contest at the fair.
4. Directions for preparing the recipe must be clear; measurements should be in level cups, tablespoons, teaspoons or fractions thereof; also include
Pan size, cooking temperature, number of servings and any other pertinent information.
5. Use ingredients that are readily available in grocery stores.
6. Type or legibly write recipe on 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with name, address, daytime and evening phone number, email address if available, in the
Upper right hand corner. Entries must be legible and include a phone number or they will be disqualified.
7. Upon submission, recipes will become property of the Western Carolina State Fair and King Arthur Flour, which reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use for publicity, promotion or advertising without compensation.
8. Contestants may submit more than one type of submission, but only one entry per participant can win.
9. This contest is open to all ages; amateurs only.
10. To be a contestant, email recipe to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Fair committee selects judges; judges’ decisions are final.
12. Entry will need to serve 6-8 judges.
13. No team entries, this contest is for individual competition.
14. The cooking contest coordinator and/or contest sponsor reserves the right to make any changes or decisions prior to or during the contest as
Deemed necessary. Their decision will be final.
15. King Arthur Flour is widely available in local grocery stores. For product information, recipe ideas, and store locations go to:
DAY OF CONTEST
1. Entries will be received from 2pm-6pm
2. A Picture will be take of your entry before judging begins and the picture will be put on display for the contest
3. Prizes will be awarded can be picked up from fair grounds office starting October 17 or will be mailed to you
4. Entries may be brought in any type of container (preferably disposable); it is not the responsibility of the Fair to return any dishes.
5. Entries must be prepared at home and brought to the fair on the day and time of the contest.
. If you have any Question please contact Amanda Dennis @ email@example.com.